Saturday, July 23, 2011

La Aurora 107 Robusto and Jon's Home Brew


Today I'm smoking the La Aurora 107 Robusto. The wrapper on this cigar is a little lighter than I have seen in the past. I usually smoke the Corona size. Anyway, once lit the 107 produces lots of smoke. Initially I get a dry sweetness with a bit of spice behind it. The flavors are very enjoyable. Medium in body with tons of smoke output. The sweetness is very enjoyable and it is the predominant flavor to start. The aroma in the air is quite pleasant, almost like burning a high quality wood, like cherry or something like that. About half way thorough the cigar, the sweetness takes a back seat to the spice. Not heat spice, like pepper, but more like a baking spice like cinnamon or nutmeg. The flavor profile stayed pretty consistant to the end and it was a very enjoyable experience. I will certainly be smoking more of these. I do prefer the corona size, but only slightly. The Lancero is by far the best in the line in my opinion. Something about the wrapper used on the 107 that makes the cigar extra special.

My buddy Jon came over last week to visit me on my birthday. He brought me a bottle of his home brew. I'm not a huge beer drinker because of the carbs in truly good beer, but I knew I had to try my buddies creation. He didn't tell me much about the ingredients, but it tastes like a Belgian style ale. The predominant flavor that I get is orange, or some type of citrus. I also taste some slight spices, just can't put my finger on it. The beer was very crisp and refreshing. I thoroughly enjoyed the pairing. Big thanks to Jon for giving me one of his beers. I really enjoyed it and I hope he keeps up the home brewing!

1 comment:

Paul Ricci said...

Well done Danny. Nice post.