Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cigar Review: Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro

The Story:

Taboo Cigars are all the rage at an online forum that I am a part of (http://www.clubstogie.com/). They are a store brand from a cigar shop in Texas. The owner of the shop is a regular at Club Stogie and he always has great deals for his customers. This particular cigar is a part of his new "Limited Reserve" line, as indicated by the additional band. They come in 3 wrappers; Maduro, Connecticut, and Habano. I got a sampler pack with all 3 cigars in different sizes, so chances are I will get around to reviewing all 3. If you want to get your hands on some Taboo's you can pick them up here http://www.taboocigars.com/.

Construction/Pre Light:
Very nice leather colored wrapper. No soft spots and feels heavy for its size. Decided to punch this bad boy, and the cold draw didn't produce much of any taste. Just a slight sweetness on my lips.

The Burn:
The burn on this cigar was excellent. The ash was a very nice white color and it held on very well. I only had to relight this cigar once after I let it sit for a little too long. One unique thing about relighting was that I didn't get an unpleasant flavor when I re lit. Usually when a cigar goes out and I have to relight it ruins the taste. I didn't notice that with this cigar.


The Flavors:
The draw on this cigar was perfect. Slight resistance, with massive clouds of flavorful white smoke. I despise loose draws so the resistance is welcomed. From the first couple puffs I get a sweet corn flavor. Not something I normally associate with cigars, but it was very good. I decided to paid this cigar with Gentleman Jack and a splash of Diet Pepsi. The sweetness of the drink might have had a little to do with corn flavor I was picking up. After about 20 minutes I get a faint spice in the back of the throat. Great flavors so far.

About half way through this beauty I get a nice mouthful of nutty smoke. I can't describe exactly weather it was Almonds or Cashews that I was tasting, but it sure was pleasant. I also get a slight tingle on the tip of the tongue.


As the cigar comes to an end I get hints of more nuts, caramel, and coffee. Spice has gotten strong, bordering on harsh. I stuck with her all the way to the nub.

Overall:
This was a very relaxing and enjoyable smoke. I'm not the biggest fan of cigars that leave the back of your throat on fire, but this cigar got fairly close to that point, but I stuck with it, and I was glad I did. The caramel, nut, coffee combo at the end of the cigar really stood out to me. This cigar is certainly one I will revisit in the future, hopefully some time in the humidor will take a little of the spicy finish away. This stogie was an easy 8 out of 10. To sum this review up I would say "Great construction with nice hints of nuts, caramel, and coffee. If you're anything like me, you will enjoy this stogie"

Coming up:
Please vote for the next cigar you think I should review. From now, until the poll closes, I will probably have another post up, weather it be another cigar review, or something else. You'll just have to come back and find out for yourself won't ya? :-)

1 comment:

cleondann said...

Very thankful to this cigar reviews of perfect taboo limited reserve maduro. For more info:
large cigar humidor