Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mystery Cigar Review

Well I was lucky enough to take part in a pretty fun experiment. A blind cigar taste test. Here is 1 of the reviews that I did on the 2 mystery cigars I received. Enjoy!


Here is a pic of the Cigar pre light:


Looks like a Box pressed Maduro Wrapper. Wrapper smells like a nicy woodsy sweet smoke. Once lit I tasted a very nice sweetness, with an oaky or cedary backround. Reminds me of something made by Rocky Patel, but that would later change. Good amounts of grey/white smoke. Easy draw with just a tiny bit of resistance. At one point I get a slight papery taste that I did not like, but that quickly went away.






Drink of choice for last night! After a few minutes I get a slight tingle on my tongue which is very enjoyable. Not a spice, just a tingle. The sweetness have gotten stronger, but it is still mellow, almost delicate. I liked it!



After the 1st 3rd the flavors didn't change much. Feeling a slight nic buzz, but that might be the caffiene from the soda. I hadn't had 1 for almost a month! All the way to the nub with this 1! It was a delightful smoke, not much complexity which makes me think this was the under $5 smoke. At the end the Oak flavor picked up with a lingering sweetness. I liked this cigar and would certainly buy it. My guess as to what cigar it might be, I'll say its the 5 Vegas A series Apex Vitola.




Soooo what cigar was it? Well I later found out that this was not a cigar from the 5 Vegas line, but it was in fact a Rocky Patel Vintage 90 Toro! I guess I should have stuck with my first instinct!



No comments: