Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Carlos Torano Exodus 50 Years & Henry McKenna 10 Year Bourbon

Just got home from a 9 hole round of Golf. I played like shit, but that's besides the point. I decided to grab a cigar out of the humidor and sit on the patio and write about my cigar. I grabbed a Carlos Torano Exodus 50 Years Robusto, and poured myself a little Henry McKenna 10 yeah bourbon. In case you didn't know, I'm a huge bourbon fan.

Once the cigar was lit, I got some pretty unique flavors. Chocolate, earth, and some sweetness were present. The sweetness seems to really pop when I take a sip of the Henry McKenna. Speaking of which, the bourbon is a really good bourbon for the money. A bottle will run you about $20. The nose is loaded with sweet caramel, corn, and oak, balanced with a bite of alcohol. The flavor is really sweet. Cherry, vanilla, and oak are all present with a slight heat from the alcohol on the finish. This bourbon is bottled at 90 proof so I suggest adding a couple drops of water and letting it sit for 3 minutes. It really opens up the flavor.

Half way through the 50 Years, and the flavors stay pretty consistent. I'm surprised that this cigar doesn't have much spice to it. I think this cigar could use a little spice to really make it a great cigar, but other than that, the flavors are really good.


Tonight's pairing was really enjoyable. I think the Henry McKenna 10 Year would pair well with most full bodied cigars. I think it would really overpower mild cigars. I highly recommend you pick up a bottle if you enjoy bourbon :-)

2 comments:

discount cigars said...

Thanks for information on cigars. As many people like me are always interested in smoking such cigars but always feel shy from where to buy. Thanks for providing such good information on discount cigars as to buy.

Anonymous said...

I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.
ashton cigars