Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quick Smoke: Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles & Glenlivet 12 Year


As some of you may know, I caught a cold late last week. It made for a very unpleasant weekend. Well, I'm all better now! Last night was a rainy one here is Southern California, but I still managed to make room for a fine cigar and a few fingers of my first single malt scotch. The Tatuaje line is quickly becoming one of my go to smokes. I've been smoking many of the Havana VI vitolas lately. It seems to fit my flavor profile very well. The Angeles (petite corona) size offers very balanced notes of pepper, earth and wood. Through the nose the spice is medium in strength and smooth on the palette. The ash was long and white, and burned evenly. The aroma coming off of the cigar as very pleasant. Overall it was a very nice smoke that I think would benefit from some age.
As for the Glenlivet 12 Year, this was the first time I had tried the Glenlivet brand. I was at my local store picking up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label, but they were out of stock. So I saw the Glenlivet 12 for a decent price and decided to give it a shot. I'm no whiskey expert, but I did enjoy it. I tried it with a splash of water, and decided I enjoyed it more with a few ice cubes. Nice notes of sweet smokey wood, with a sharp finish. I still enjoy my Johnnie Walker Black, but I normally add a touch of diet coke to that. I think I will keep both on hand for different occasions.
Hopefully I can get a full cigar review up by this weekend. I'm still working 2 jobs so it's very tough to post on a weekly basis, but I will do my best. Thanks for reading. Comment love is always appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a 12 year old scotch with diet coke? I'm never reading any of your reviews again.

Danny said...

Yes, I'm a terrible human being because I put diet coke in Johnnie Walker Black.

discounted cigars said...

Many people have fallen with acid cigars over the last few years because of their unbelievable flavors that emanate from bringing jointly alien tobaccos from all over the world.