Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Xikar Warranty Replacement Experience


About a year ago I purchased my first Xikar cutter from the devil site. I was very happy with my cutter and use it almost daily. This past Christmas, I was included in my girlfriend's family's gift exchange. I had been curious as to how a Palio would stack up against my Xikar. So on my note card I requested a few things among those a Palio cutter.
Turns out the girl that drew my card couldn't find a Palio and got me a green Xi2. I was satisfied and didn't mind having 2 Xikar cutters. I kept 1 in my car and the new cutter at my girlfriend's house.

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting out on my girlfriend's patio and cut my Padilla Miami Torpedo. I took a few draws and realized I hadn't cut enough off, so I took another 1/8" off and the spring inside the cutter broke. It was stuck in the closed position. Needless to say I was a little disappointed since I have only used the cutter about 10 times.

I sent the cutter in within a couple of days and requested that they send me a MTX Multi-Tool, since I already had the Xi2. I wasn't expecting anything other than a quick replacement of the same cutter I sent in, but it was worth a shot.

So I get home yesterday, after watching the UFC fights at a buddies house, and I find an envelope from Xikar with a brand new MTX Multi-Tool in it. Great service if ya ask me.

Well now I feel like I owe it to Xikar to do a short review on their product. I'll use this cutter for all my cigars for the next couple of weeks. I'll take a few pics and let you know what I think about the functionality, and convenience.

Coming up, I'll have a review of the G.A.R. by George Rico of Gran Habano. Hopefully I can have that done by Wednesday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad you enjoyed your XIKAR warranty experience. We try very hard to provide the best possible products, but also try very hard to stand behind our "no questions asked lifetime warranty". We also work very hard to make sure our customer service people provide you with a quick response and address your needs. Thanks for the positive feedback! Regards, Jerry Dear, EVP, XIKAR!

doc8466 said...

Don't give up on getting a Palio. I've got both and the Xikar is pretty much a dust collector! LOL