Friday, May 27, 2011

Diesel Corona, Cigar Size, and Twitter.



Good evening! Tonight I'm enjoying a Diesel by A.J. Fernandez sold exclusively through CI. I loved the original Diesel Unholy Cocktail which comes in a torpedo shape, so when I saw this sampler go on sale, I had to jump on it. The corona is my favorite size for cigars. I feel like the wrapper to filler ratio really maximizes the flavor of the wrapper on most cigars. This one is no different. The Pennsylvania Broadleaf wrapper is very oily and dark. Lots of spice and chocolate notes from this cigar. Paired very well with my iced coffee. If you are interested in this sampler you can get it here.

So considering that different ring gauges produce a different filler/binder/wrapper variation, I pose this question: Would the flavor profile of a 5X50 Robusto be the same of a 7X50 Churchill since the ring gauge is the same? Length really shouldn't factor much into the flavor, should it? Let me know your thoughts.

Twitter. I have noticed that Twitter is becoming a great marketing tool for the cigar industry. Lots is cigar manufacturers and retailers are very active on Twitter. I gotta say, you feel a certain connection with the manufacturers and retailers that you exchange tweets with. It feels like there's some camaraderie with people from Twitter. Twitter is a valuable asset for the cigar industry and I hope more and more people get on there to chat about cigars. Thanks for taking a look at my little blog. Comments are appreciated!

1 comment:

garth said...

Cool place to grab a cigar, wine or beer, and relax. This is another very easy smoking cigar. It has an earthy and woodsy flavor with hints of leather.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/swisher+sweets+cigars