Friday, October 3, 2008

Dodgers win again! 10-3


The Dodgers won again last night by a final score of 10-3. My "blowout" prediction held firm, and for a while I thought my guess at the final score of 5-0 was gonna come true, but that changed after the 6th inning, but all that doesn't matter. What matters is the Dodgers are up 2 games in a best of 5 series and coming back to play game 3 in Los Angeles. I can't wait to go to this game. I've never attended a playoff game so this, surely, will be a unique experience. People talk about the Cubbies being "cursed". I don't buy it. They played crappy baseball, and that's that. No if, ands, or buts. Tomorrow Hiroki Kuroda goes against Rich Harden. Should be a good pitching match up, but Rich Harden can't go very deep into games, so hopefully Kuroda can outpitch him. I'll go out on a limb and say the Dodgers sweep this series by a score of 4-0. Kuroda shut out the Cubs earlier this year at Dodger Stadium, so I have a feeling it will happen again this time around.
As far as the cigar of choice?
I went with the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Silver. I'm not sure how I obtained this cigar but I found it at the bottom of humidor and it looked enticing. I normally enjoy the Carlos Torano line, but the last one I had (Carlos Torano 1916) was not very enjoyable. This Torano was more along the lines of what I normally expect from Torano. This cigar was very consistent with no real complexity. The flavors I could pick out were wood, and creamy notes. No spice at all. These flavors stayed true all the way through this 4.7 inch X 52 ring gauge Robusto. This cigar was medium bodied with a very loose draw and a perfect burn. I enjoyed the cigar for the situation, a nice straight forward mid level smoke.
Hopefully I can take some pictures at the game this weekend, and if I do I'll be sure to post them on here for you to enjoy. I'll also be reviewing the Perdomo Lot 23 this weekend, I'll have that on here by next week. Thanks for checking out my blog, and be sure to post some comments!