Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dodgers Win 7-2!


Although my prediction about the final score was wrong, the outcome was the same. Last night the Dodgers beat the Chicago Cubs by a score of 7-2 to take a 1-0 lead in the best of 5 series. They play again tonight at 3:30 PT. Hopefully they can get another win tonight and sweep the series on Saturday.

I smoked 2 cigars during the game. The first was an unbanded Honduran cigar that was given to me by the owner of the cigar lounge I was at. It was their house blend, and he told me that this was a full bodied cigar. Sure enough I caught a nice buzz from the stogie and the Amstel Lights I was drinking. The cigar had a nice woodsy flavor with a very short finish. The construction of this cigar was pretty bad but the flavor was nice and mellow with a nice nicotine kick .

The 2nd cigar I smoked was an Arturo Fuente Chateau. This cigar had a nice cedar flavor with hints of nuts. Very little spice on the back of the throat. The burn was a little erratic, but nothing a couple touch ups couldn't fix. The draw was little too loose for my fancy, but overall this was a nice reasonably priced smoke. I will be sure to pick up some more of these babies!

On a separate not, my buddy smoked a Punch Champion Maduro and said he loved it. The aroma coming from his cigar was quite delightful. He commented to me that he was getting a nice sweet dark chocolate flavor. He said he had to have more of those stogies, so we'll probably be splitting a box of Punch Champions soon. I'll let you guys know when I get them and I'll post a review!

Thanks again for checking out my little ole' blog. Don't forget to root for the Dodgers tonight! I got a feeling this game is gonna be a blowout. I'll say Dodgers 5 Cubs 0. Incidentally, tonight is my oldest brothers birthday, I will be celebrating with a stogie and a couple shots of tequila! Check back tomorrow to see what I decided to smoke!

No comments: